Wednesday, February 11, 2009

family of four plus one

I think I had my first family bonding experience tonight. First my mother, sister and I sat down and discussed the pros and cons of tampons vs. pads. Then, my brother came and we switched the topic to that of music…Indian music in particular. I searched my iTunes for what limited Hindi songs I have (believe me there aren’t many) and played a few of my favorites. My brother tried to imitate my neck and shoulder movements which was pretty hilarious. Then, my sister described her relationship with her boyfriend (neither her dad nor her brother know…mom does), who is apparently her eighth (?!). Then, during dinner, I threw out a few Moroccan Arabic words…brd (cold), eya (yes), la (no), safi (enough), naas (sleep) and madukduk (tired). Overall, I’d say today was an A- on the family front.

I also wandered around the Hassan II mausoleum earlier today with a few of my friends. I'd tell you it was beautiful but I think I've used that word way too many times to describe Morocco. So, instead, I’ve made it my goal to put up a few pictures by the end of the week since I’m sure you’re all curious to see what this place looks like. :)

Since being here I seem to get tired around 10 p.m. (which btw is actually dinnertime). So, I’m usually in bed by a little after 11…which is right about now (as if you couldn’t tell by this sort of unmotivated post). Sleepy time for me.

OH, I got the best pick up line yesterday. Here it is.
Hey you, you’re beautiful. Pakistan! Pakistan! Come here, talk to me. You like Morocco? I will build you a palace here.

Should’ve taken him up on that offer…

2 comments:

  1. why hello iman!

    hmm, do those leopard print socks actually match with anything you have? no matter though, since i know you'll rock them =)

    your host mother sounds so lovely. and i'm so happy to read that you're getting along with them so comfortably.

    and PLEASE post pictures soon! i cannot wait to actually see where you are!

    and i seriously laughed out loud at the pick up line!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol that is funny about the pick up line hehe

    ReplyDelete