I’ve been teaching my host mother how to say the days of the week in English. She says with each student she learns a few English words and hopefully after ten or twenty students have come and gone she’ll have a good grasp on the language. Insha'Allah. At the moment, she’s got down the days of the week. Well, Monday through Friday at least. When I ask her about Samedi and Dimanche she always gets this guilty smile on her face as she shrugs and says “Free-day?” And I always laugh back, “No Moui, we just did Friday.” It’s been like this for three months now and I doubt she will pick up Saturday and Sunday in the next week. Eh, meshi mushkila (no problems). The way I see it, if Moui ever decides to come to America I’ll just stick her with some overworked Wall Streeter who also forgets his weekends.
Earlier today, I watched The Fox and Hound in Arabic. Even though fox and hound were speaking in clearly dubbed over voices that were slightly hilarious, I still felt teary during the scene where fox limps out of the water. I’m pretty sure Disney is something that transcends linguistic boundaries.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment