Tuesday, May 5, 2009

architectural marvel

It’s about 12:30 a.m. and I just stress ate my way through two packs of Halls. This stress being caused not by my rather daunting independent project, but the real fat-ass elephant in the room…my little over a week departure. Yeah, it’s an African elephant. I’m playing the ignorance is bliss game and mentally avoiding all thoughts of saying goodbye. I’ll let my eating habits take the hit for now. The rest of me can catch up on the subject we shall not speak of later.

The past few days have shown me a glimpse of what a summer in Morocco might be like. Heat, the kind that makes me drag my feet (more than usual), has hit Rabat hard. I continue to dress with a style of conservatism to keep with cultural standards even though my jeans stick to my thighs. The one protection I have against this heat flash is actually the medina. Somehow the walled quarters provide a constant breeze through the narrow streets regardless of the temperature outside. The Moroccans really knew what they were doing when they built the old city. Medina = architectural marvel.

No comments:

Post a Comment